Saturday, August 22, 2009

Guiding Light



This picture does somewhat have something to do with this post. Kinda. It involves the remote. The remote turns on the TV. The remote helps me tell the TV what shows to record on the DVR.

One of my very favorite shows, (OK, a soap opera), is going off air later in the summer. I can't believe it! I have been watching Guiding Light since I was 3! I remember when I was very young, my mom used to put me down for a nap midday. My room was at one end of the hallway. At the other end was the TV. If I sat outside my bedroom door, I could see directly down the hall to the TV. Mom always had Guiding Light on during my nap. I used to sit there and watch and she never knew! I have been watching it ever since. Except for a period of time where there was no such thing as DVR, and I didn't know how to tape anything on the VCR. That was only a couple of years that I missed. 2 years out of oh, 32 years or so, I think I can safely say I have been watching my whole life!

I don't know what I will do without that show! What will I do when I get home from work? That is the first thing I do. After I am done, then comes the laundry, the sweeping, the dusting, the dishes. No, I didn't mention cooking. I do not cook. I know, I know, shame on me!! But I really CANT cook. Unless it came in a box. I can, however, fry pork chops and make homemade mash potatoes. But, that's the extent of my cooking!!

Sorry, I got off track, where was I....

Oh yeah. I'm gonna really miss Reva, Josh, Billy, Buzz, you know, the whole gang. It's bad enough Philip is going to die again. Maybe. I keep thinking maybe the last episode Alan will actually die. For real this time. Even get buried. But even if that does happen, you know it's not really him, it's a double. Cuz Alan can't die. Ever. He's "unkillable". I just made up that word.

Yeah, I'm addicted to Guiding Light. So what other soap comes highly recommended? (I also watch ATWT). I am open to suggestions.

HELP!!

By the way, Gypsy is the cat in the picture. She is my girl cat. She is mean to the boys.

2 comments:

  1. You are not the only GL addict. I hear girls at my work whinning too!
    I hear they are trying to get a cable company to pick them up. I will keep my fingers crossed for all of you drama addicts!
    Beautiful cat BTW.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Noe Noe Girl - Gypsy says thank you. Please keep your fingers crossed. I had heard something about Oxygen getting the show. I would be SO relieved!! There are so many unresolved issues, they will never have time to resolve them all before going off air!!

    ReplyDelete