Friday, August 21, 2009

Stormy Weather



My husband is going camping with his buddy this weekend, so I will be on my own. Ahhh, house to myself. Almost. My son will be home, but he is a 13-year-old, so he will be cooped up in his room doing what 13-year-olds do. Whatever that is.

The fun part is, there is a hurricane a-comin'!!!!!

I really hope it's not a-comin' here, but just close enough to make for some really windy, stormy weather. If it does, I will be dragging my son to the beach with me (because I am a chicken and can't go by myself when the water is like the above picture). I have a phobia of water. I don't know what is in it (or maybe I do, and I am afraid of what I know is in it) and I can't see where my feet are, and I may step in a big hole that will suck me down. That would be certain death. I can't swim. And when it's rough out, it is beautiful, but it could very well come and get me and I will be lost forever. You never know how far up those waves are coming! But I will brave it, along with my son who will be rolling his eyes and asking "Why exactly are we going to the beach when it is raining and the wind is blowing a gale?" It will be worth it, because I just might get some more shots like the one above. Except maybe they will actually be in focus. Maybe.

If there is no blog on Monday, please come rescue us, although by then it may be too late.

Unrelated:

My mother gets back in town tomorrow, so next week, I won't have to wash my one pair of work pants EVERY DAY, because she can salvage the pair I have almost destroyed single-handedly, and also hem the others right the first time!! (My poor mom).


5 comments:

  1. That is a great shot! Enjoy and make this some peaceful time- storm and all!

    You gotta love moms!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It shouldn't be too bad, if bad at all...but definitely some really great waves. 6-8 feet in the bay.

    Be safe and have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's a huricane coming? Holy crap.

    Love the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Noe Noe Girl - Thank you! I will try to make it as peaceful as possible. Will probably spend most of the weekend cleaning - you know that's easier with hubby out of the way.

    Living on the Spit - The waves are the very best part! Not to go in, just to watch and take pictures.

    CBW - Yep! Take cover! Although we will only get a couple hours of rain from it - you just know Wal-Mutant will be packed with water-buying fools!! Hehe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bad news.

    Hubby took the camera with him to the mountains.

    No pictures for me this weekend... Now I'm depressed.

    ReplyDelete