Saturday, August 29, 2009

Yep, It's a Bear



Ok, so I did actually find the proof.



I had looked in the wrong paper, at first. But then I thought about the local paper, Gloucester-Mathews Gazette Journal. And there it was! This picture was actually taken in the back yard of the house across from my parents' house. Wow. That's all I can say. And I was all ready to send my son and parents up the river for fibbing. Shame on me. Shame, shame, shame.

I don't even know what to say.

There are bears in Gloucester!! Wow.

I am such a terrible mom! But at least I didn't tell my son that I thought the bear story was a tall tale, right? I still don't buy him hearing this thing growl at him...

4 comments:

  1. I'm never surprised as to where nature decides to show up! I live in a very busy city and every year there is a sighting of a black bear with a cub on the local golf course. And know what - there have been pictures of her, but no one has been able to find her den!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have done the same thing...they recently found a cougar in Virginia Beach, so anything is possible, I suppose...but, a bear is a little scary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's waving at your folks isn't he.

    ReplyDelete