Thursday, August 20, 2009

Kinda scary, huh? I tried to sew.

I thought I was being smart ordering maternity nursing scrubs online, since they are $10 cheaper. Well, apparently, it wasn't that smart. I am no Suzie Homemaker. My husband had to tell me how to start, you know, the simple part. Turn them inside out and fold them up, etc. So I did that, and started happily sewing a "perfect stitch". When I was done, and very proud of myself, I proceeded to turn them right side out and try them on.

Oh boy!

They were just as long as they were to begin with, except they had this pucker in them. The pucker was actually my seam! And the stitches were so big I could see them from a mile away!

So, here I am, 35 years old, can't sew. My mother is out of town until tomorrow. I have a sewing emergency! Tomorrow IS Friday, right? I hope so!

How sad is that?? I have to laugh and poke fun at myself, if I didn't, I would cry. And that would be very ugly!!

So, laugh away!!!!!!!!

6 comments:

  1. I am close enough that if you need some help, run on over and I will do it for you today. I am on Willoughby Spit in Norfolk...and I sew.

    Email me if you need it. marchar1321@hotmail.com

    Love the pet squirrel and Welcome to the Blog World!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If any one can fix it Marlene can! I can only sew a straight line.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I live way out in Gloucester, almost as far away as CBW! As a matter of fact, ya'll passed me on the way to her house! I THOUGHT I could sew a straight line - wrong!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Marlene can do this! Thanks for the visit, and welcome to the blog madness;) By the way, I LOVE that squirrel!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I quadruple the other commenters recommendation....go see Marlene. Spend the weekend, bring lots of internet scrubs, bring some old worn out prom dresses, maybe even some surplus tents. Marlene will send you home with designer scrubs. NO.LIE.

    Actually, I'm thinking of moving in with Marlene just to watch her sew.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like I have to find my way to Norfolk, huh? That's funny. I get lost in a paper bag.

    No foolin', it's true.

    ReplyDelete