Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Angel Update

Well, today is Thursday and tomorrow is Friday.





This Friday happens to be D-Day. As in Decision Day.





I talked with Doc Tuesday evening, and we decided that on Friday, we would make a decision about Angel's future. As of Tuesday evening, she had still made absolutely no progress. Still not eating (only 1 can of baby food over 2 days), still not trying to get up. Hubby stayed at home with her Tuesday, and said she did pee once, and ate about 8 cheez-its for him. Nothing monumental.





Now, I think Angel heard me talking to Doc, because after I got off the phone with him, I came out to the living room, and she was trying to scoot around. So I tried again to feed her some more, and the turkey gobbled up a whole can of baby food, a piece of bread, and some pizza crust!!! Then she peed again!!



Yesterday, I stayed at home with her. When I would go to the back of the house to do laundry, etc., I would hear her out in the living room scooting around trying to get up. However, if I try to help her, she panics and stops trying. So it's her way or no way. She did manage to get up on her two front paws, almost in a sitting position. That was the first time since last Wednesday that she could do that, so over a week. Progress!!! She also ate alot yesterday.


Today, however, she has not eaten as much, very little.



But the big question is... She is 14ish. Will she actually ever walk again? If not, what type of quality of life is she having? Sure, she is eating and peeing, but she is basically just laying down, scooting around sometimes, peeing on herself. I just don't know what to do. I know that I sound like a broken record. But she is sending me mixed signals. The Doc told me Tuesday night that usually when the owner of an animal starts hearing the voice in their head telling them that maybe it's time, they are usually right. Oh, this is too hard.

1 comment:

  1. AM Baby I know this is hard. I have been there. You will do the kind thing. Keeping you and Angel in my prayers.
    <><

    ReplyDelete