Monday, September 21, 2009

On The Mend...



Bear with me until I get a new camera - I may be double-dipping...

I just wanted to say a great big THANK YOU for all of your well-wishes and prayers for my Angel. I know I have talked non-stop about her for 3 weeks now. You animal lovers understand, though, right?

This Saturday morning, after dragging her on her blanket down the hallway to the living room, she did something wonderful!! She got up on all four legs by herself, and looked at the door. We said "well, maybe she wants to go outside, we'll try it." So we guided her and she walked all the way out the back door, and out into the yard!! Bless her heart, her legs are so shaky, and she falls alot, but she is walking!!!!! I thought I'd never see it again. Doc had faith in her. I don't know if I actually had faith that it would happen, or if I just didn't want to put her down and that was my motivation. But Doc did have faith. If it weren't for him, (and my selfishness) I probably would have given up and had her put to sleep. I had people telling me it was probably time. But I just couldn't do it, at least not unless Doc came right out and said it was time.

And I'm glad he didn't. And that I didn't. It's still rough going, she still pees right where she is sometimes, 3 times Saturday and only once Sunday (so far). That's not too bad considering where we were. So the laundry has slowed down a bit, not as many towels and blankets and rugs being peed on. And we gave her a mini bath today, and she loved it. I know she is very old, and I am so fortunate and so blessed that she is on the mend!!

Thank you all again for all your well-wishes for my best friend!

5 comments:

  1. Baby steps....a good thing. Keeping your precious baby in my thoughts today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking about all of you! Take care....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks y'all! I came home to a wonderful sight this evening, my baby girl was up and waiting for me at the door, she is walking around today like nothing ever happened!! Still a bit wobbly, but a 100% improvement over just yesterday! I couldn't ask for more... I'm so happy my baby is back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad things are getting better (even if it's baby steps)! You know your pup and you know what's best. Just remember that.

    ReplyDelete