Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Thankful Tuesday



Bad, fuzzy picture, HOWEVER, did I ever mention that I am cameraless? I'm pretty sure "cameraless" is not a word, but we will just pretend it is for now.



This Tuesday, I am thankful and happy to announce that my Angel girl is pretty much back to normal!!!! You can tell she had her nearly fatal vertigo problem, because she still has balance problems, her head tilts to the right, and her right eye doesn't look quite right, but overall, she is back to being Angel. And her head tilt really is endearing. I never thought I'd miss not being able to get out of the bathroom or the bedroom closet because she has come in behind me and can't figure out how to back up, and I can't get around her. Yes, that really happens. She never has been able to figure out how to back up, silly girl!! She eventually will work it all out and be able to leave the closet or bathroom, but I have to be patient while she works it all out in her head and gets it done. You can see the wheels turning in her head while she mulls it over "I know how I got in here, but how on earth do I get out?".



I think I am giving people the impression that I have a mental illness. I don't. I just love my dog. Alot. And it's a big deal to me that she is better. After all, I know the end is inevitable, she is 14 years old. I'm just not ready yet. Maybe this was practice. But, I want my baby to meet her before she goes. I know that sounds weird, because he will not remember, but I also want pictures of him and her together. I got an e-mail from my mother-in-law, (and deleted it a while back, so I can't show you this picture) and there was a picture of a golden retreiver laying down, with a naked baby laying on his belly on the dogs back. It was so cute!! I am really laughing at myself at this point. Maybe I am mental....

If so, oh well. I'm just glad my baby is better!!

What are you thankful for today?


2 comments:

  1. It is funny just how deeply the wedge themselves into our hearts. My Dixie is almost 10 and I cannot imagine my life without her.

    ReplyDelete