Saturday, September 5, 2009

Homecoming!!


We are bringing Angel home today. I don't know how this will go. She still can't even stand up, let alone walk. She is some better, but just a little. But we figured since we would be home for the long weekend, we would bring her home and see if maybe when she gets back in her "comfort zone" she will try harder to get up. She still has a hard time eating and drinking, mostly she has been given her water through a syringe.
If I could bake, I would definitely bake those girls at the vets office something good. Of course, they would have to share with doc. I don't know what me or my Angel would ever do without all of them. They have put up with me calling to check on her during the day, coming and sitting in the floor with her, even after they had officially closed for the day, telling me to take my time. They have put up with me sniffeling and crying all over the place. I just couldn't ask for a better vet and staff!! My vet even calls me during the day to let me know how she is! And here's the kicker - her one night in the emergency vet cost over $300. She has been at her regular vet 5 days, and her bill is just over $300!!!!
So, I will just have to get them a sappy card, and BUY them some goodies. Goodness knows if I try to bake them some, they may not be so nice next time I see them!!

5 comments:

  1. Vets lilke that are so hard to come by!!! What a wonderful team...if I ever need a vet for My Thomas Jefferson, I am calling you to get their number! So glad your Angel is feeling better and coming home. I will keep her in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a gem of a vet....I don't see very many of them anymore.

    I sincerely wish you all the best with Angel this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have a good vet too. Sending a tickel and a rub to Angel.
    <><

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all for your well-wishes (and rubs). Angel is now home, and seems to be resting better, still can't get up, tho. But I can tell she's happy to be home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. smooches for Angel, and the vet and crew. It's sad to see one of our puppies hurt. You lucked out on your choices of vets. Most are all about the money nowadays.

    ReplyDelete