Thursday, September 24, 2009

Longest Week in History


So, even though I only have one brain cell left after the longest week in history, (and it's not even over yet) I actually kinda learned something again!! It's a bit fuzzy, but you know, I figured out that if I right click on a picture I can save it to "my pictures". Pretty cool. My one brain cell learned that all by itself. Yay!

The flu shot season is upon us. We give them to our patients all day Wednesday and Thursday. On these "flu shot clinic" days, we give anywhere from 70-100 shots. We also give patients shots during the rest of the week, for example, if they are seeing one of the docs for a routine appointment, we give it to them at that time. Last week, we started giving flu shots and gave 150 last week. Last week we had not even started the "flu shot clinics" yet. The first"flu shot clinic" was yesterday. Yesterday, I gave 80 some shots. I am very proud to be a part of keeping the community healthy. That's my job, and I love it. But it is so BORING.

The bad part is that we may not having enough flu shots to last as long as we need them to. That is very frustrating. We have not even received our entire shipment. PANIC MODE!!

Hubby's truck is not ready yet, either. That means #1 Son and I have to be picked up by my mom at 6:15 in the morning, she takes #1 Son back to her house, then we go down to Wawa to meet a lady who I work with who also lives in Gloucester. Then we have to drop her husband off at his job, then to work we go. While doing this, I get in to work almost 30 minutes later than normal. That's OK with the office manager, and with She Doc, but I am anal about getting to work early. It's driving me nuts.

Tomorrow I have to have a 3 hour glucose tolerance test. I have to fast for 12 hours, be at the doc's office at 8am, drink yucky sugary crap, the get stuck every hour for 3 hours.

Pregnant woman + no food for 12 hours (16 hours by the end of it all) + needle x3 =

INSTANT B&%@#!!!!

I really hope I have my truck back by then, because if my mom has to take me, and I have to spend all that lovely fasting, grouchy 3-4 hours with her, I will be bald by the time I leave the doc's office. At that point, she may as well drop me off at Eastern State Hospital to be committed.

So if there is no post by at least Monday morning... you know what happened!!

4 comments:

  1. I cannot imagine sitting with my mother during that 3 hour test. You are destined for sainthood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be praying for ya! I guess that is why both my mother and I always had some handwork with us...so we wouldn't have to speak.

    Hang in there...it will get better!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You will be in my prayers! As all three of my daughters would say, "just be glad you are with your mother and not ours".

    ReplyDelete