Thursday, September 3, 2009

Horizons



Please pretend the horizon is actually straight on this picture - then it will look better...

Speaking of horizons, I am going to be expanding mine a little bit.

Starting tomorrow, we will have "Flashback Fridays", where I will tell a story (knowing me, it will be a mile long, sorry in advance), from way back when. Then I invite you to do the same. I like being nostalgic every once in a while.

Then, starting Tuesday (I was going to start this past Tuesday, but Angel had her problems), I am going to start "Thankful Tuesday", which, just like it sounds, will be me telling about someone/something I am thankful for. Then I invite you to do the same.

Is this starting to sound like instructions, or is it just me?

Well, I came up with "Thankful Tuesday", because I realized that too often, we go through life taking things and people for granted. I know I have. I didn't realize it until we were trying to get pregnant and had three miscarriages back to back, then it took a year after the last one just to get pregnant again. I had never been through something more painful and frustrating. And one day I realized how I had taken for granted my ability to get pregnant and have my first son with no problems.

Sooo...... Let me know what you think.

3 comments:

  1. My children were a long time in the making. I know that pain very well. And I am very thankful for everything I have in my life....I love your stories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. With four adult children and ten grandchildren I have a ton of flashbacks...or maybe they are hot flashes.

    ReplyDelete