Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Thankful Tuesday


This Tuesday, I am thankful for my son.
Yes, he is quite the fisherman. All he does is fish and bowl. And he's very good at both!
I am very thankful for him, because when his father and I decided to try for him, it happened on the very first time, and I had no complications, all was good. He was stubborn, though. I was admitted to the hospital one week over-due with high blood pressure. They induced me, and after 36ish hours of back labor, his heart rate started going down and they had to knock me out and take him c-section. By that time, I didn't care how he got out, just someone GET HIM OUT!! And he was fine, and so was I. With all I have gone through trying to get pregnant and staying pregnant this time, I call #1 Son's birth relatively non-complicated!
That's one of the reasons I am so thankful. I know now that I have this clotting disorder, and I had it when pregnant with #1 Son, just didn't know it, and had no repercussions from it. That was a blessing.
#1 Son is a good ole boy. He hunts, fishes, and bowls. He now hates school, but he is 13 1/2, so I think he is supposed to hate school, right? Sure, I get the eye rolls and huffs and puffs when he is asked to do something, but overall he is a good kid. He doesn't really get into a lot of trouble. When I hear stories of other 13 year olds, I cringe. So many of them are already into drugs, and are smoking and drinking. Even when I think back on my 13 year old days. Now that is scary. Good thing I grew up!! I was a bad kid! That makes my appreciate him even more.
Only one problem. He looks just like his father!! Remember, I AM divorced from his father, so I can say that. But I would never tell #1 Son that! He is a good looking boy, though, despite looking like his dad. But I may be partial, too.
Now it's your turn, what are you thankful for today?

6 comments:

  1. Good kids are something to be thankful for! It's because you have taught him well. I am thankful for my Little T. He's a good boy too!
    <><

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great kid!! He reminds me of my Hard Working Man...both loving to fish more than breathing!!!

    I am just so grateful for everything I have in life...I can't place one above the next.

    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is a good looking kid, for sure. He looks eerily like another teenager I know (his mother is from Gloucester, father from Mathews) - do you have any nephews in Mathews?

    Yes, as a teenager, he's supposed to hate school; it's written in the instruction manual n page 2, paragraph 3.

    Like you, I am grateful for my 14 year old boy and my soon-to-be 11 year old girl. They light up my life when everything else seems to bring me down.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm echoing you - I"m grateful for my girls (13 and 9) and that they are healthy, kind young ladies!

    What a handsome young man.....fishing - miss that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's such a pleasure to "meet" you! That's one handsome boy you have there....even if he DOES look like his Daddy!!! I tell my daughter all the time that she should be thankful that I married a good looking man!!! Hope to see you at Oyster Festival:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how handsome is he!!! I'm talking about your son, not the fish...just in case.

    ReplyDelete