Friday, September 25, 2009

Flashback Friday


A crooked picture of hubby fishing.

For some reason I have been thinking about the time I did something very bad at Grandma's house.

I have always had very long hair, except for two times. One I do believe was a early mid life crisis. (It has since grown back.) The other time, well...


I had this habit, as most little girls with long hair do, of putting my hair in my mouth. Gross. My mom was dropping me off at Grandma's for a little bit. Mom told me if Grandma caught me putting my hair in my mouth, she was gonna cut it off. Well, I was sitting in the "little bedroom". That was the name given to a specific room in Grandma's house. She had all her sewing stuff in there. I was sitting on the little chair, looking at myself in the mirror, and playing with stuff I probably shouldn't have been playing with. I looked up and noticed my hair was in my mouth. OOPS. Grandma would know. My hair was wet in that spot. Grandma would know. Grandma would cut my hair off. So what did I do? I took out the scissors and cut off that part of my hair. At ear level.

Boy, I though I would be in trouble if Grandma found out I put my hair in my mouth? You should have seen everyone when they saw my hair! It was so bad, I had to go get my hair cut. A pageboy. Dad had to take me. The girl cutting my hair, Angie, had known me since I was born, she cried as she cut. I went from hair so long I was sitting on it, to a page boy. I look back and laugh now, but I do remember the trauma.

Your turn...

4 comments:

  1. Bangs.

    I had decided that my bangs were a pain and I so I decided to "get rid" of them. Yep - took a pair of scissors and cut my bangs OFF! Right up to the scalp.

    I thought I was getting rid of them. My mom nearly fainted and I was miserable for months!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember my mom getting me one of those page boy cuts! She loved it. I still hate that damn picture.
    <><

    ReplyDelete
  3. T - I didn't have bangs until the page boy. Now, at 35, I still have them, and don't know how to get rid of them. I tried to grow them out, but I looked weird to myself!!

    Queen - I would burn the evidence!

    ReplyDelete