Thursday, September 10, 2009

Vick

There is no picture today, because I'm getting error messages trying to upload it. I'm not going to even try to figure that out right now.

Following some of the ranting I did yesterday, I will continue on today....

It wasn't OK for kids to hear the President speak, but...

WHY is it OK for them to hear Michael Vick speak? Everyone (it seems) was perfectly OK with that. He was actually at a school speaking to children. I would never let my son hear him speak, and if he heard it by accident, I would tell him the truth. That all Vick is sorry for, is getting caught. Why is it OK for a role model who tortured, maimed, starved, beat, and killed dogs to talk to kids?

He says he's sorry. Well, you know, you take a person, pay them millions of dollars for doing something they are good at, doesn't really involve their brain, and they enjoy. Then that person repeatedly tortures, maims, etc etc, innocent helpless animals. Knowingly. That person gets caught. Slapped on the hand, and gets his money taken away. (And spends some time in jail, which I'm sure was SO terrible on a pro football player. PULEEZE)

That person would be stupid not to say that they are sorry when there is someone (NFL) waving his money right back in his face, saying, straighten up, apologize, don't do it again, and I'll give you millions of dollars. Again.

Gee. What does THAT teach our children. I'm all for 2nd chances for some people, OK most people. But come on!!!! There are also players in the NFL who have killed people and got off with a hand slap, and are back in there playing, making millions of dollars, and being so-called role models. They don't deserve to be back in the "cushy" life again, having millions of kids looking up to them. Saying, "well, he killed someone, and he's doing just fine in his life".

So, let me get this straight... Our President is no kind of role model. (I'm not saying that, but some people out there are). But Michael Vick, Albert Haynesworth, Donte Stallworth, and others who I can't remember names right now, they ARE role models? OK , I think I got it now. Wow. This is really messed up.

And I add a disclaimer - I AM A REDSKINS FAN. That does not mean I am happy to have Haynesworth on the team. He is the man who stepped on another players head with cleats on(the player did not have his helmet on, and he was laying on the ground when this happened) and the player had to get stitches. He was with the Titans then. That was uncalled for. So I do not condone his actions, but I can't diss my team just because they made a bad judgement call. OK, you can tell me I have double standards now... sorry. But if I had been asked my opinion, I would have told them NOT to take him. We don't need him. We need a good QB. How did I get on football? I think the looming decisions I have to make by Friday about my Angel girl are making me loopy.

4 comments:

  1. I think that the whole uproar over a simple speech has many people (me included) a tad dazed and questioning a lot of other decisions that have been made lately!

    I know you have a tough few days ahead, take care and hang in there! I've been there myself (just within the last 5 mos) and it's tough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mean people suck. And I am sending lots of love to you and Angel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both SO MUCH, it really means alot to me. She has not eaten much today at all. Deep breath...

    ReplyDelete