Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Thankful Tuesday




This Tuesday, (and always) I am thankful for my job.




Not just my job, but the people I work with. I am a Medical Asst, and work in an Internal Medicine office.




I have been working there for 9 years now. My Grandma's doctor was friends with a Cardiologist I used to work for, and he was hiring two partners who were going to move here from Biloxi. He remembered me from when I worked with the Cardiologist, and asked my Grandma if I would be interested in changing jobs from the surgery office I was currently at. I said yes, because the surgery office had recently gone through some changes, and quality of care was starting a downward fall. I didn't want to be a part of that, so I accepted the position.




Little did I know that the two new docs would become my best friends. The two partners were husband and wife, they had 3 year old and 9 month old boys. They were very nice. So we started in this little house of an office, I had a little teeny office that I shared with scales, patient charts, lab equipment, etc. We had 3 exam rooms between the two docs, and I was their only staff. That was interesting, especially with them being married and not shy about fighting over me, or the exam rooms!! It was very funny sometimes. They shared an office, too.




Now, nine years later, we are a part of a bigger company who "owns" us, and are in a big space, have another partner, and ALOT of staff.




But, we also have 9 years of history together. They are both wonderful friends, and wonderful "bosses". We are kinda protective over each other now. I am now the wife's nurse, and the husband has his own nurse, the third doc his own nurse. It all works out great. I have been blessed to be able to work with them and to have them as such great friends. They were there for me when my Ex left me, they were there for me when my grandparents died, and when my brother died, and with my miscarriages, just everything that has happened in my life, they have been there and been very supportive. She doc gave me both wedding shower and now this past weekend, a baby shower. She was my matron of honor when I got married, too. This meant she had to hold Angel's leash!! (Angel was my flower girl and also walked me down the isle along with my son.)




After my miscarriages, I found out I have a clotting disorder, and had to start blood thinners, in the form of injections twice a day. These cost $200 a month, after insurance. For my birthday, they have me a check for $300 to help with these. Just things like that remind me of how blessed I am to have them both in my life. They are very caring, generous, thoughtful and kind people. Not that a person has to spend alot of money on someone else to be appreciated, don't get me wrong. What means even more to me is when we can cry together, and just know what the other is thinking most of the time. Even now with what I've been going through with Angel, they are so understanding, and she has been checking on Angel and has just been there. You know how important that is when someone is just "there" for you. It's wonderful.




So I am thankful for "my" docs.

3 comments:

  1. Friends like that (although I prefer to call them my family) are hard to come by. I have a married couple who live near me that are that dear to me - there when my ex left me, through the births of my girls and have been so supportive!

    You are very blessed to have such wonderful people in your life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blessed indeed! Hope you have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete