Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Thankful Tuesday


I was going to have Thankful Thursday because it sounds better, but I can't wait, so, here we have "Thankful Tuesday". I will share something/someone I am thankful for, and you can do the same.


This Tuesday, (and always), I am thankful for my husband. He took this picture on his camping trip. Yes, he loves bon fires, and is borderline pyro.

I was a couple or so years out from divorce, having had a 9 year, no so great marriage. I was in a karaoke bar with the girls. I was wearing sweatpants, sweatshirt, and flip-flops. This complete stranger came over and said he was looking for someone to shoot pool with him, since his friend had left with some girl. I was NOT wanting to do this, because after my attempts at dating over 30, I was over it, completely. Well, the girls had other ideas. So I shot pool with this good looking, possibly dangerous man, and by the end of the night, I was pretty deep into a bottle of my fav - Captain Morgan's. And barefoot. With sweats on. Sad, huh?

Well, it went to so good from there, that I knew it had to be "too good to be true", and I tried to break it off after a few weeks. He wouldn't let me. I had no excuse, and he knew it, and told me so. So, I decided to "give it a little more time and see what happened".

A year and a half later, on my birthday, he wanted to take me somewhere nice to eat, but I said no. I wanted to go look at furniture. So, not wanted to disappoint me, we went furniture-shopping. We saw a nice bed in Haynes, he said we needed to lay down on it to make sure we liked it. So we did. And I closed my eyes, being silly like I was going to sleep. He said, "Well, since you didn't want to go somewhere nice for your birthday, how about marrying me?" I opened my eyes, and there was a ring in front of my face!! Of course I said yes, well, after being in shock, and he had to prod me, "Well...?" I said, "Yes, you idiot, I will marry you!".

I actually called him an idiot in the same sentence telling him I'd marry him!! But he didn't care.

Now, I am very thankful that all came together like it did, because now I have been married for 2 years to a man who I love so very much, and who loves me. And he works, he isn't lazy, he doesn't have to go "play" with the boys all the time, he doesn't waste money, oh, I could just go on and on. And we don't fight. (Because I always get my way!!)

So, I am thankful for a wonderful husband and wonderful marriage.

2 comments:

  1. That is just so sweet...such a wonderful post.

    I am thankful for so much and it grows everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being thankful is a good thing. Sounds like you do have a lot to be thankful for.
    <><

    ReplyDelete